Connection error - Dead / null connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 05:10:20
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.5_[20200110-rel53175]

Hi,

I need a help!

I'm using the switch to manage an internet network, from which two computers and a camera are connected via NDI.

On the first day and second day, everything went very smoothly, without any connection error. However, on the third and last day, after a period, one of the machines simply dropped the connection to the switch and never returned. Instead of appearing 1.0Gbps on the Windows network adapter, only 10Mpbs appeared, cutting off the connection to the internet and any device on the network. On the second day, in addition to that same machine, the NDI camera also lost connection.

For both, an immediate solution was made, where the cameras just did a reset, but the notebook, he needed to use the Thunderbolt 3 port, with network adapter, allowing the use of the internet and local network again.

On the third day, I got home and connected this machine that had this loss of connection to the switch, and on my local network, everything worked without any error. For doubts, I did a clean format, reinstalling everything from scratch, and today, on the last day of the event, what happened happened again, but this time, not only fell to 10Mpbs (orange), but on the switch he was unable to fix the connection between them.

Does anyone have any idea what can cause this, how to correct or how to solve this mystery?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection error - Dead / null connection
2020-11-20 03:57:52

Dear @SamirJr,

On the third day, I got home and connected this machine that had this loss of connection to the switch, and on my local network, everything worked without any error. For doubts, I did a clean format, reinstalling everything from scratch, and today, on the last day of the event, what happened happened again, but this time, not only fell to 10Mpbs (orange), but on the switch he was unable to fix the connection between them.

So the corresponding Port LED will turn to orange when one machine dropped the connection to the switch, right?

Would it help if you force the port to 1Gbps from the web UI of the switch (if you don't know how to access the web UI, refer to the IG)?

When the issue happens, if you disconnect the cable from the machine, then connect to another port on the switch, would the port LEDs be orange or green? If they are orange, it's suggested to change the Ethernet cable, try CAT5e above cable for checking.

If possible, you may reduce the number of connected machines to do further tests, check if the issue is caused by a specific machine or not. Besides, please check if there is anything special or new when the issue starts to happen, such as the application running in the network, new device/connection to the switch.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-20 04:21:40

@Fae Hi,

Yes, the door is orange when this problem occurs. In fact, the connection drops and it is simply not possible to do anything else without access to the network (computers) and the internet.

The network adapter shows a connection of 10.0Mpbs and this seems to make the port inactive, something very strange.

Right now, I'm using the switch with just two cables, one straight from the router and the other that goes to my machine. This problem has been occurring more and more frequently, where it seems that one port cancels the other, but that of the router continues to remain 1Gbps, but the one that is connected to my notebook does not.

To remedy the problem, I need to disconnect this cable from the router so that my machine is recognized again and then put the cable back into the router, so both will work again.

As I said before, it looks like a conflict problem or defective equipment, because I have another manageable switch from Intelbras (another brand) and I never had any problem of this type, and all 8 ports are used directly, even if the computer is turned off and connected at any time.

About the adjustment of the door, I have done this in all. But likewise, the error continues to happen.

Is there any internal configuration of this switch that may be causing this block / conflict between them? If so, how do I resolve this situation?

I bought this equipment to manage a gigabyte network and I'm not getting it, it's frustrating.

Options
2020-11-20 10:23:42

Dear @SamirJr,

The network adapter shows a connection of 10.0Mpbs and this seems to make the port inactive, something very strange.

It seems to be a negotiation issue between the devices. Have you tried to force the speed/duplex to 1Gbps on the computer as well?

Right now, I'm using the switch with just two cables, one straight from the router and the other that goes to my machine. This problem has been occurring more and more frequently, where it seems that one port cancels the other, but that of the router continues to remain 1Gbps, but the one that is connected to my notebook does not.

If you disconnect the router from the switch and then connect a second machine to the switch, would the issue still exist?

Is there any internal configuration of this switch that may be causing this block / conflict between them? If so, how do I resolve this situation?

Sorry that I don't think of any internal configuration that may be causing this issue. If you worry about it, try resetting the switch and check if the issue still exists with factory default settings (you may backup the current settings before you reset the switch).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-20 15:48:19

@Fae 

It seems to be a negotiation issue between the devices. Have you tried to force the speed/duplex to 1Gbps on the computer as well?

Yes!

If you disconnect the router from the switch and then connect a second machine to the switch, would the issue still exist?

There were some moments when I had to remove both cables to get it working again. But most of the time, even removing the cable from the router, the problem persists, that is, the error caused (blocking) is still present.

Sorry that I don't think of any internal configuration that may be causing this issue. If you worry about it, try resetting the switch and check if the issue still exists with factory default settings (you may backup the current settings before you reset the switch).

One of the first things I did was to do a factory reset and check if there is any newer firmware to update the switch, but it does not exist. The switch today is in its final version available on the website. Where can I find a log that may have this error, so I can bring it here so that someone can solve this mystery.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 4

Related Articles