Wireless hog trap - Pharos question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 00:27:15 - last edited 2020-11-12 00:29:52
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hey guys,

I am setting up a wireless hog trap.

I am using two CPE210s to provide internet from the house 0.3miles away from trap location in the woods.

I will be doing my best to get the CPE210s above the tree line.

On the trap side, there will be a wifi camera and a wifi relay.  I will need the CPE on that receiving side to also be providing a wifi network to these devices.  I am hoping connection strength is decent enough down at the ground level even with the CPE 15ft or so up in the air.

My main question is what operation mode should I choose for both the sending unit and the receiving unit given my requirements?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless hog trap - Pharos question
2020-11-16 03:42:26

Dear @mvpcabinets,

My main question is what operation mode should I choose for both the sending unit and the receiving unit given my requirements?

The typical network configuration with two Pharos CPEs is like this,

Router ----- CPE A in AP mode )))((( CPE B in Client mode ----- wired devices.

If you would like to provide hotspot WiFi for the wifi cameras, it's recommended to add an AP after the CPE Client. 

Router ----- CPE A in AP mode )))((( CPE B in Client mode -----AP (such as EAP110-Outdoor) )))((( wireless clients.

By the way, you may refer to this guide to learn how to Select Operation Mode of Pharos Series Products.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2090/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 1

Related Articles