EAP 225 Outdoor Blinking LED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-13 03:00:55 - last edited 2020-11-13 03:06:02
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: EAP225-Outdoor(US)_V1_1.20.0 Build 20200422

Hello! I do have a EAP 225-Outdoor. We had a storm yesterday which caused us to lose power. Earlier this morning, the power went back up but the controller reports the AP as disconnected. I checked the AP and it has the steady LED light on. I tried resetting the AP using the reset button on the AP itself. And then this happened. https://youtu.be/AcD48oQ6AJ0. It continuously blinks in that pattern and the controller isn't detecting the AP. The AP also now won't respond to pressing the reset button for 7 secs. I also tried the 30-30-30 method I saw on one of the posts here. I was able to get a steady LED light and the controller is detecting the AP but it said that the username and password is wrong(tried using the default and controller credentials since I didn't configure the AP as standalone). Because of that I tried resetting the AP again but I'm stuck again on blinking LED and I can't get it back again by using the 30-30-30 method. I hope you guys can help me.

30-30-30 method:
Hold reset button while on for 30 secs.

Hold reset button while off for 30 secs.

Hold reset button while on for 30 secs.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 225 Outdoor Blinking LED
2020-11-13 13:38:32

Hi @mgmamac,

See if you can directly access the Web management UI of the Outdoor AP now, since the 30-30-30 reset.  If so, then everything is working correctly (aka nothing was fried).  You may need to go into the Web UI, change/add a username and password, and then try and re-adopt from Omada.

-Jonathan

Options
2020-11-16 01:26:08
Hello! Thank you for taking your time to reply to this post. After I let it sit for a few hours disconnected from anything. I tried reconnecting the AP and it magically had the steady light and the controller was able to adopt the AP. I still have no idea what happened but I'm glad that it now works as intended. Again thank you for your time.
Options
2021-05-05 06:12:47

Hello,

since the last update two days ago I have the same issue on EAP 225 Outdoor.

Standard Reset - nothing happed - still blinking als in the video

30-30-30 Reset - nothing happed - still blinking als in the video

let it unpowered for one day  - nothing happed - still blinking als in the video

Is there another way to get a reset done or is it gone...?

All other accesspoints are OK after the update.
The update was triggered over the OC200 controller.

best regards,
Thomas

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2124

Replies: 3

Related Articles