Omada controller compatybility EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 14:01:38
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1,4

I currently have 2 AP EAP 245 V3 and 225 Outdoor. I have been getting EAP245 V1 with firmware 1.4 from time to time to extend my home network. The current Aps are connected to the driver located on the HP terminal in version 4.15. Unfortunately, this version shows the incompatibility of the EAP 245 V1. What would be a better solution for downgrading the controller? Are you replacing the EAP? If you downgrade it to what version to keep all EAP protocols working properly?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada controller compatybility EAP
2020-11-14 18:06:33

Hi @Konradx,

How many EAP245V1's do you have?  How many AP's do you need to cover your location?

The EAP245V1 is an older product as not supported by the new SDN version of Omada.  Honestly, I would retire them at this point and replace them either with the 245V3 or the 225V3.  The 225V3 is only ~$60.

Alternatively, you could continue to use your EAP245V1 and either:

1) manually config each through its onboard Web UI

2) run a second instance of older Omada SW (3.x ilk -- 3.2.x I think) and use it to managed the older devices.  You could stay on this version and use it for all of your devices, but then you would need to downgrade the firmware versions on your V3's and OD -- which I wouldn't recommend.

I also have a pair of EAP245V1 that I retired from service a few years ago.  I had replaced them at the time with EAP225V3s.  But I recenty just replaced them with the EAP245V3's since the EAP620/660HD's are taking so long.

-Jonathan

Options