ACL Switch and VLAN profile bugs ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 11:00:05 - last edited 2020-11-20 11:03:39
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Omada v4.2.4

Hello, are the ACL on switches working ? To me seems not, when I create an ACL to block a certain IP-group or MAC-group vs another it doesn't work at all. I made different trials but nothing.

BUT, when I create the same ACL on the EAP rules it works.

Also when you create a rule you have all the fields available, when you want to edit an existing rule the Bi-Directional checkbox disappears and the ACL Binding stays greyed out.

Also are you aware that sometimes, when you create a VLAN, automatically a profile is created and this profile cannot be edited but is created in view/delete only ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:ACL Switch and VLAN profile bugs ?
2020-11-19 21:30:24 - last edited 2020-11-20 11:03:39

@Xstreem 

Regarding the profile point, it is correct. 

From official user guide:

When a network is created, the system will automatically create a profile with the same name and configure the network as the native network for the profile. In this profile, no networks are configured as Tagged Networks and Untagged Networks. The profile can be viewed, but not edited or deleted.

In case you needed, you can create another profile and choose the native vlan and untagged/tagged.

Regards

Options
2020-11-19 21:35:55 - last edited 2020-11-20 11:03:39

@Emitplink Thanks Emit for the answer, you are right this is intended but do you think has it sense in this way? Isn't better that the profile can be also edited ?

Regarding the ACL rules did you have chance to try any ? I'm also testing the rules for the router TL-R605, but I can't get even one to work for the gateway nor for the switch, the only one that work are the EAP rules.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Options
2020-11-19 21:43:08 - last edited 2020-11-20 11:03:39

@Xstreem 

Yes, I agree with you about the profile. Probably is because the profile created is to set as native and untagged the new vlan interface created. You have to set it only if you want one particular port for that profile because the default ALL contain automatically all the vlans (this is useful for multiple SSID on EAPs for example.

Regarding ACL I just tried Switch ACL for different network and it works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1322

Replies: 3