CPE510 - Did Reset - Now Doesn't Work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 15:21:49 - last edited 2020-12-10 12:47:19
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Had two of these for a number of years, to connect two buildings and worked flawlessly. However, recently changed the IP address within them due to moving to a new subnet - i.e instead of 192.168.1.xx, moving them 192.168.6.xx and since, they've both stopped working.

Tried to reset using the pin hole both on the CPE510 and the 'remtote reset' via the PoE adaptor, but nothing is happeneing - all the lights blink after 8 seconds, but I can't connect to it, via Ethernet or via WiFi (it doesn't show up via WiFi at all).

Tried to put my local machine IP address range into what would be same as CPE510, nothing. Tried to leave as is (no chages on network adaptor on machine), to get IP via DHCP from CPE510 post rest, but still nothing.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:CPE510 - Did Reset - Now Doesn't Work-Solution
2020-11-25 10:40:20 - last edited 2020-12-10 12:47:19

Dear @DoctorJakeRoof,

all the lights blink after 8 seconds, but I can't connect to it, via Ethernet or via WiFi (it doesn't show up via WiFi at all).

Are there only two LEDs (Power and LAN) lit up on the CPE510 when you connect a PC to the LAN port?

If yes, I think it has been reset to factory default settings successfully and the LAN connection to the CPE is good.

Besides, the Pharos CPE won't broadcast any WiFi signal in factory default settings.

You may refer to the guide below to log into the web management page of the Pharos CPE.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/710/

For why I cannot log in to the web management page of the CPE, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2578/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:CPE510 - Did Reset - Now Doesn't Work-Solution
2020-11-25 10:40:20 - last edited 2020-12-10 12:47:19

Dear @DoctorJakeRoof,

all the lights blink after 8 seconds, but I can't connect to it, via Ethernet or via WiFi (it doesn't show up via WiFi at all).

Are there only two LEDs (Power and LAN) lit up on the CPE510 when you connect a PC to the LAN port?

If yes, I think it has been reset to factory default settings successfully and the LAN connection to the CPE is good.

Besides, the Pharos CPE won't broadcast any WiFi signal in factory default settings.

You may refer to the guide below to log into the web management page of the Pharos CPE.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/710/

For why I cannot log in to the web management page of the CPE, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2578/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:CPE510 - Did Reset - Now Doesn't Work
2020-11-26 21:14:42

Thank you, @Fae back up and running.

A quick question, though, the CPE510 is capable of 300Mbps, right? Despite using cat6 cabling, we're getting maximum 100 - while all the other perpherals are getting the full 1gb. No restrictions/limitations in current network or hardware.

Could the PoE be restricting it? The POE is the device which came with it (TP-LINK PoE T240100).

Thank you.

Options
2020-11-27 01:37:59

Dear @DoctorJakeRoof,

A quick question, though, the CPE510 is capable of 300Mbps, right? Despite using cat6 cabling, we're getting maximum 100 - while all the other perpherals are getting the full 1gb. No restrictions/limitations in current network or hardware.

Right, but remind that 300Mbps is the maximum theoretical speed of wireless radio frames for the CPE510.

The CPE510 is equipped with 100Mbps Ethernet ports, which is the limitation and you get maximum 100Mbps despite using cat6 cabling.

If your ISP provides more than 100Mbps bandwidth, you may consider the CPE710 which has Gigabit Ethernet ports.

Options
2020-11-27 11:39:52

Aha, I see, thanks makes sense. Thanks. @Fae 

A final question, the centralized cloud management, 'Pharos Control', is the CPE510 compatible with that? I.e managing this CPE510 from a different location?

If so, how does one go about setting this up?

Appreciate it.

Options
2020-11-30 08:22:12

Dear @DoctorJakeRoof,

A final question, the centralized cloud management, 'Pharos Control', is the CPE510 compatible with that? I.e managing this CPE510 from a different location?

If so, how does one go about setting this up?

Yes, it is compatible.

The Pharos Control only supports Windows and Linux OS, check the download link below.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/cpe510/#Control_Software

If you want to use the Pharos Control to remotely manage the CPE devices, you need to open the server port (9321 by default) on the front NAT device, and the PC has Pharos Control installed with should be running all the time. This may be inconvenient and complicated for you to manage the CPE devices remotely since you only have two.

If the purpose is to remotely manage the CPE in AP/Client mode, it could be achieved without Pharos Control software:

1) Log into the web management page of the Pharos CPE, locate to the Management > Web Server section;

2) Enable Secure Connection (HTTPS), specify the Secure Server Port and Server Port

3) Configure Gateway IP under Network > LAN so that the CPE can connect to the Internet.

4) Open the server port you specified above on the front router (the WAN IP of the router needs to be a public IP).

After the steps above, you will be able to access the web UI of CPE through https://WAN IP:server port.

Options
2020-12-10 08:25:56

Hello, @DoctorJakeRoof reset your cpe510 again to make sure its IP is back to the default 192.168.0.254.

Now in your router, on the LAN settings change your router's IP to 192.168.0.x

connect your cpe to your router via Ethernet, and using a pc or a smartphone and access your CPE through the default IP 192.168.0.254. I hope that works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1859

Replies: 6