Does TP-Link T2600G-28TS support InterVlan Comms/Routing without dedicated router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does TP-Link T2600G-28TS support InterVlan Comms/Routing without dedicated router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 12:52:51
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not sure

Hi Everyone,

I did a quick search through the community forum but coudln't find a definitive answer.

The TP-Link JetStream TL-SG3424 (T2600G-28TS) has recently gone on sale in my local area and I would like to get my hands on one (around ZAR3000/$197).

(Don't require PoE) 

I'm not familiar with the TP-Link switches so just want to find out whether the switch supports InterVlan Comms/Routing (on the same switch) without the use of a dedicated router?

Need to know whether to factor in the price of an additional router.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does TP-Link T2600G-28TS support InterVlan Comms/Routing without dedicated router
2020-11-26 11:12:04

Dear @Hilko,

Please kindly note that the T2600G-28TS and the TL-SG3424 are different models. T2600G-28TS is an upgrade version to the TL-SG3424, which is more powerful and has more advanced functions like L3 routing feature, Static Routing function, DHCP Server, etc.

For your inquiry, it's hard to answer with a simple YES or NO. It depends on your actual purpose of using the switch. If you need a router to work as the network gateway, then choose a router for use. If you don't need a router in the network but a switch with L3 routing feature could work for you, then the T2600G-28TS can be your choice.

You may check the specification of the switch from the official website and choose the switch that best suits your network requirements.
T2600G-28TS, https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/managed-switch/t2600g-28ts/#specifications

TL-SG3424, https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/managed-switch/tl-sg3424/#specifications

Hope the information above is helpful. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Does TP-Link T2600G-28TS support InterVlan Comms/Routing without dedicated router
2020-11-27 11:02:42 - last edited 2020-11-27 11:04:39

@Fae Thank you very much for the detailed response Fae. I really do appreciate it.

Wasn't aware of the updated hardware. Really useful information (and thank you for sharing the specs page).

My network will only consists of 1 (one) switch with a number of VLAN's (eg, {Port1 assigned to VLAN1 = Network Storage}, {Ports 2 to 5 assigned to VLAN2 = Users}).

I just want the users to be able to access storage from VLAN1.

From your reply (if I understand correctly), it seems that interVLAN routing on a single switch will be possible (with this switch without using a separate router).

I'm trying to avoid purchasing a separate router until I buy an additional switch. Limited budget :-p

Options
2020-11-30 02:08:23

Dear @Hilko,

My network will only consists of 1 (one) switch with a number of VLAN's (eg, {Port1 assigned to VLAN1 = Network Storage}, {Ports 2 to 5 assigned to VLAN2 = Users}).

I just want the users to be able to access storage from VLAN1.

The T2600G-28TS switch supports Layer 3 interface (interVLAN routing), which could meet the requirement that the devices in one VLAN can communicate with the devices in another VLAN. But the TL-SG3424 doesn't support it.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 3