Internet connection (seriously stupid question, I hope)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-29 20:45:26
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Any know compatibility issues with the (Comcast) Xfinity XB7-T gateway/router? Standard plug-n-play? Dedicated port to router?

(Sending back a NetGear switch, they could never get it to connect to internet; everything else worked fine)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet connection (seriously stupid question, I hope)
2020-11-30 07:05:32

Dear @Hamberg,

Any know compatibility issues with the (Comcast) Xfinity XB7-T gateway/router? Standard plug-n-play? Dedicated port to router? 

(Sending back a NetGear switch, they could never get it to connect to internet; everything else worked fine)

The T1600G-28PS is a smart switch, which supports some advanced features. If no advanced setting required, it is plug-and-play.

To better assist you, could you please provide more detailed information as possible as you can?

If you connect a PC directly to the Xfinity XB7-T gateway/router via Ethernet cable, are you able to connect to Internet? What IP address would be obtained on your PC? 

When you connect the T1600G-28PS between the Xfinity XB7-T gateway/router and the PC, would the two corresponding Ethernet LEDs light up on the switch? What IP address would be obtained on the PC?

You may refer to this guide to find the IP info on the PC, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-11-30 13:34:47

@Fae I have not purchased the T1600 yet, looking to make sure there are no known (connectivity) issues first. See below for answers to your questions.

If you connect a PC directly to the Xfinity XB7-T gateway/router via Ethernet cable, are you able to connect to Internet? (YES) What IP address would be obtained on your PC? (Router/gateway: 10.0.0.1, PC: 10.0.0.228)

Options
2020-12-01 02:04:13

Dear @Hamberg,

I have not purchased the T1600 yet, looking to make sure there are no known (connectivity) issues first. See below for answers to your questions.

If you connect a PC directly to the Xfinity XB7-T gateway/router via Ethernet cable, are you able to connect to Internet? (YES) What IP address would be obtained on your PC? (Router/gateway: 10.0.0.1, PC: 10.0.0.228)

Got it, thank you for verifying the information. No worries, the T1600 should be plug-and-play for your case.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 3

Related Articles