SSH protocol issue through the AP EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 15:22:19
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.20.0 Build 20200423 Rel. 36779(5553)

Hi All,

After 2 weeks of debugging, follow the thread here : https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8298&start=30

I came to the conclusion that the EAP245 has an issue with the SSH protocol routing through it.  

This is not an SSH issue connecting to the AP SSH server.

In short, I have a Raspberry PI with an SSH server.  I connect to it for a Windows 10 PC with Putty.  

After a time, the connection is impossible.  TCPdump and Wireshark show a lot of retransmission and spurious packets.

A quick reboot of the AP fixes the issue.

I have tried many different combinations of SSID, 2.4G/5G combo, wired/wireless vs wireless/wireless, different ports etc... see the above thread for the complete SAGA.

So everything points to the EAP245 having an issue at some point with this protocol.

Let me know if you need more info, I'm interested to see if anyone saw this before or if someone has a clue of what's going on.

Thanks! Simon

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 0