is my EAP225-OD broken?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

is my EAP225-OD broken?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
is my EAP225-OD broken?
is my EAP225-OD broken?
2020-12-12 10:35:52 - last edited 2020-12-14 01:52:43
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

Good day people,

I need advice on this matter if it just need proper configuration or have it RMA as it's still under warranty.

It has been 7 months that I am using the 1st EAP225-OD as standalone and purchased a 2nd one just a month ago to setup a mesh. Because I switch SSID's often from ISP router to mesh with my android phone, i noticed that it takes a while like 10 to 15 seconds for the mesh SSID (2.4Ghz/E² Hotspot) to appear in the list of wifi  network already saved in my phone. While the CONCATENATE SSID (from the same AP) is instantly there in the list.

My setup:

2 X EAP225- Outdoor / Mesh with Omada SC

WLAN Group:

E² Hotspot - 2.4/5Ghz

CONCATENATE(Guest) - 2.4Ghz only

Features turned on:

* Band Steering

* Mesh

* 802.11 Rate Control

* Airtime Fairness

* Rate limit for Guest SSID

* EAP ACL

* Fast Roaming

* Dual Band 11k Report

* Force Disassociation

My questions:

* With regards to the screen shot above 👆 single ?, why is the 2.4Ghz E² Hotspot SSID's wifi signal fluctuating? While the red line representing 2.4Ghz CONCATENATE SSID and thick green 5Ghz E² Hotspot SSID's line are stable. Lower orange and red lines from meshed AP.

* Double ??- is that the wifi signal of the heartbeat that links the root AP to the mesh AP?

Thanks in advance 🙂..

edit: added features turned on

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 0

Related Articles