TP- Link CPE510 signal strength null N/A, and does not showing SSID in smartphones/ Laptops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP- Link CPE510 signal strength null N/A, and does not showing SSID in smartphones/ Laptops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 20:01:29 - last edited 2020-12-16 08:21:15
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20190125 Rel. 36276 (0000)

When I started to setup my TP-Link CPE510, in AP mode. Then SSID not showing up on my Smartphones. 
Then I checked out status. 
Then this shows signal strength N/A. 
What does that mean? 
How can I solve? (I attach a screenshot of status page)

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP- Link CPE510 signal strength null N/A, and does not showing SSID in smartphones/ Laptops
2020-12-18 07:10:38

Dear @Mohiemen,

Then this shows signal strength N/A. 
What does that mean? 
How can I solve? (I attach a screenshot of status page)

The Wireless Signal Quality section is only applicable for the Client, Repeater, Bridge and AP Client Router (WISP Client) Modes.

So it's normal that the signal strength shows N/A when the CPE works in AP mode.

For the issue that the phones/laptops cannot detect the SSID from the CPE510, you may check the points below:

1. Ensure your devices support 5GHz WiFi. Do your phones/laptops detect any other 5GHz WiFi?

2. The CPE510 adopts directional antennas, ensure your phones/laptops are within the wireless coverage.

3. Please ensure your Region is correctly selected, ensure SSID broadcast is enabled, and change different Channels for checking. 

How to adjust orientation of outdoor AP for better signal coverage, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1044/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1613

Replies: 1