Slow CPE 210 and trouble running speed test

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 17:47:53 - last edited 2020-12-21 03:32:46
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I’m troubleshooting a slow connection with CPE210

My setup is the following: Home #1 router > CPE set as AP > CPE set as Client > Home #2 router. 

Speed on the #1 router is up to 344 Mbps download, but on the #2 router is around 11 Mbps or as low as zero. Trying to figure out the drastic slowdown. 

I’d like to diagnose the CPE connection with the management tool’s speed test, but I haven’t been able to figure that out.

I saw that to do this I should be able to access both CPE GUIs in separate browser tabs once they are connected, but so far I can only access the CPE management tool if I am connected via ethernet to the respective CPE. 

I’m not sure which server IP I am supposed to put in on the speedtest. But for instance, if I put in 192.168.0.253 as the server ip while connected with ethernet to the AP (192.168.0.254) it doesn’t work. I’ve also tried inputting the AP IP address while connected to the client side.

Attaching images below. Let me know if there are any other images I can share that will help to understand the issue.

Appreciate any help with the speed test or diagnosing my slow connection in general. Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow CPE 210 and trouble running speed test
2020-12-20 19:18:12 - last edited 2020-12-21 03:32:46

@cwestg20 Can anyone help with this? Did I post in the wrong category? Thanks!

Options
Re:Slow CPE 210 and trouble running speed test
2020-12-24 11:10:58

Dear @cwestg20,

From the STATUS page of Client CPE, there is no Wireless Signal on the Client and the Root AP BSSID is N/A. It seems that the wireless connection between the two CPEs is not established. Can you get valid IP address when the PC is connected to the Client CPE and configured with obtain IP address automatically?

I’m not sure which server IP I am supposed to put in on the speedtest. But for instance, if I put in 192.168.0.253 as the server ip while connected with ethernet to the AP (192.168.0.254) it doesn’t work. I’ve also tried inputting the AP IP address while connected to the client side.

The server IP is the IP address of the CPE that you set as Server for Speedtest. Actually, if you have a mobile phone, you could connect to the CPE AP via WiFi and access the web page of the CPE AP. If you only have one laptop to do that, you could set one CPE as Server first, then connect the PC to the 2nd CPE, set it as Client and put the server IP with the IP of the first CPE, click Start to check the results. 

Here is a troubleshooting guide about slow speed issue for your reference. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2576/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1252

Replies: 2

Related Articles