inconsistent connection to Pharos on CPR210 client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 03:35:20 - last edited 2020-12-22 07:42:10
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm wasting so much time because after setting up a cpe210 as client I cannot consistently connect to it.  sometimes browser timeouts, sometimes the Pharos interface, and sometimes if fails as I poke around the backend (not making changes).

Also the device radio strength signals turn off then on again about every 10 seconds.  I have a TPlink refurbished device and a new one, they both do the same thing. 

When looking at the STATUS tab, all the wireless signal strength metrics go off and on in time with the lights.

Like I said, same on 2 difference CPE210 clients.

ALSO - ONLY ONCE I've been able to get a ping between client (192.168.1.211) and AP (192.168.1.210).  The Client is locked to the AP with MAC address

and I can see no way to validate whether I have a good connection between AP & Client (I'm in my office with both ~10f from each other).  That one time I was able to ping the AP, I could not ping 8.8.8.8 (google) through it, even though the AP gateway is the network gateway 192.168.1.1

So between; 

a) inconsistent access to the Pharos interface through an ethernet cable

b) inability to ping the AP

c) radio strengh lights flashing on/off

I just am not getting anywhere

This should be so simple!  (and yes  I've tried 2 different network cables to connect with the client, as well as 2 different clients!)

Options
2 Reply
Re:inconsistent connection to Pharos on CPR210 client
2020-12-21 04:19:14 - last edited 2020-12-22 07:42:10
OK, I ran the client wizard a few more times and it worked in as far as; b) - the ping between AP & Client now works c) - the radio signals do not flash on/off a) -I still had some inconsestency being dropped off Pharos on a wired connection (even changed to a diffferent laptop to make sure it wasnt the network port on the laptop) - now that they are both connected on the network I can get to the backend through wifi and that is stable Further: I dont see any way to validate that i) there is a Client connected to the AP from the AP Status page ii) the client is connected to the AP from the Client Status page What am I missing here??? ... this will make troubleshooting hard in future.
Options
Re:inconsistent connection to Pharos on CPR210 client
2020-12-24 11:24:13

Dear @JennyCouncil,

I dont see any way to validate that i) there is a Client connected to the AP from the AP Status page ii) the client is connected to the AP from the Client Status page What am I missing here??? ... this will make troubleshooting hard in future.

On the CPE AP Status page, we can check whether there is a client connected to the AP under Monitor-Stations, see the image below,

On the CPE Client Status page, we can check if the client is connected to an AP under the Wireless Signal Quality and Radio Status.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 2

Related Articles