Unmanaged switch links to all devices but one

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-24 22:04:29
Model: TL-SG1008P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using a TL-SG1008P to link multiple PoE devices (a second switch and an IP-camera) and non-PoE devices (laptop, thin client) to a an Archer C2300 v2.0 router. Everything has been running smoothly for years. Now I am adding another non-PoE device (Memmert incubator). The switch link led continues to blink and the switch is unable to establish a link. When I remove the switch and hook up the new devide directly to the router (using the same cables), it links perfectly well. I have tried to change ports of the switch, and I have removed all devices but the new device. Also, I have powered the switch with and without devices plugged in. Everything gave the same result; the switch fails to establish a link with the new device. All other devices continue to link smoothly.

Anyone having an idea what might cause the issue and how it might be solved?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unmanaged switch links to all devices but one
2020-12-25 08:33:49

Dear @Victor2,

The switch link led continues to blink and the switch is unable to establish a link.

After you hardwire the Memmert incubator to the switch, the corresponding link LED would light up on the switch but the Memmert incubator won't obtain valid IP address, is that correct?

If you unplug other devices but only connect like this, Archer C2300 ------TL-SG1008P-----Memmert incubator, would the corresponding link LEDs light up on the switch properly? Would the Memmert incubator obtain IP address from the Archer C2300 and link well?

What kind of cable you are using? CAT5 or CAT6? How long is it? If possible, you may change a different, maybe shorter cable for test.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-25 11:11:47

@Fae Many thanks for your response. I do not know if obtaining an IP is the issue; the incubator has its IP set in its settings (no choice between DHCP or static) and this works fine when the incubator is directly connected to the router. Other equipment (e.g., Siemens LOGO!) is set up the same way and works. I have tried the connections as you suggested, but the incubator still cannot link to the switch. Cables are 10 meters or so. I do not expect that to be the issue, because directly linking to the router works. I have also tried to enter different IP  addresses in the incubator to make sure that there are no duplicates, but still the same outcome.

Options
2020-12-25 11:12:18

@Fae Cables are CAT5.

Options