Operation Mode CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Operation Mode CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Operation Mode CPE510
Operation Mode CPE510
2020-12-25 16:24:21
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20200612 Rel. 38059 (4555)

I am planning to setup a Point to Point connection to get internet to a remote location. One CPE510 will be configured as AP. My doubt is the second CPE510 at the remote location... what advantages / disadvantages are there configuring it as Client or as AP Client Router ? As AP Client Router it will be a completely separate network at the remote location whilst in Client Mode the remote location will be part of the main network... but is there anything else to think about?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Operation Mode CPE510
2020-12-29 08:04:29

Dear @Ulf01,

I am planning to setup a Point to Point connection to get internet to a remote location. One CPE510 will be configured as AP. My doubt is the second CPE510 at the remote location... what advantages / disadvantages are there configuring it as Client or as AP Client Router ? As AP Client Router it will be a completely separate network at the remote location whilst in Client Mode the remote location will be part of the main network... but is there anything else to think about?

AP Client Router mode is also called WISP Client mode, which is usually used to access the internet provided by WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) through a wireless connection. For the downstream clients, the device serves as a normal home wireless router and can provide both wired access and wireless access for the users. However, the wireless signal is limited to a certain direction angle since the CPE adopts directional antennas.

If you want to have only one LAN network between the two locations, it's better to use the second CPE as Client mode, to share the wifi signal for the end-users, you can add a wireless AP behind the second CPE.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options