Tp link cpe50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tp link cpe50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tp link cpe50
Tp link cpe50
2021-01-05 18:29:51 - last edited 2021-01-08 06:23:39
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have bought 2 cpe510 antennas in order to link my remote office to my home 3km away. I have it all set up and the direction done using google maps.  On my first test i couldnt detect anything anywhere as a client except for my immediate neighbour.

I found a setting for test mode under region and now it detects an AP for a company only 1 block from my house! 

Does anyone know how test mode is different or perhaps have suggested settings that would increass my likelihood of making a connection even if i have to sacrifice speed for example.  Right now all i want to do is connect.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp link cpe50
2021-01-15 04:16:07

Dear @ClintonBrits,

Does anyone know how test mode is different or perhaps have suggested settings that would increass my likelihood of making a connection even if i have to sacrifice speed for example.  Right now all i want to do is connect.

Generally speaking, Test mode is only used for test purposes. When Test Mode is selected, the Pharos CPE can work with a wider frequency range and higher transmit power. However, working in Test mode may put you at the risk to violate the local laws and regulations, you may be careful before you use it.

I have bought 2 cpe510 antennas in order to link my remote office to my home 3km away. I have it all set up and the direction done using google maps.  On my first test i couldnt detect anything anywhere as a client except for my immediate neighbour.

For your case, you need to configure one CPE510 in AP mode while the other in Client mode, then add a wifi router or AP to the Client CPE to share the wifi signal, like this example described. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1226/

To adjust the antennas for better coverage, you may refer to this post.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1