Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
66 Reply
Re:Cpe710 UN flash firmware version US, lost frecuencies
2021-02-08 08:53:12

@Fae I already got your tech. support fixed mine via teamviewer. I could already see the regions and was reverted back to a fully working UN firmware. Thanks.

Options
2021-02-08 08:58:09

@Cordobes1987 If you mistakenly flashed your firmware from UN to US version without knowing beforehand what the difference between those two firmware variants. Then you won't be able to revert back to the UN firmware without contacting them for support as they seem to be the only one that have the firmware that would fix the missing region option. So contact them thru email for them to fix yours. :) 

Apparently countries regulations restricts networks that could be used by outdoor CPEs, and hence I was only seeing a limited no. of frequencies in the router settings that are appropriate for my country. Hence, if you have control of your home network, just change your frequency /channel to the appropriate frequency where the outdoor CPE is allowed to operate.

Options
2021-04-09 11:33:50 - last edited 2021-04-09 11:47:22

Hi All,

TP-Link team has noticed that people may download the firmware from wrong regions' site, which may affect the product functionality.

Now TP-Link would like to optimize the TP-Link website to prevent you or other people from downloading the wrong firmware in the future.

Even though measures have already been taken on the website to guide people to select the correct region, it seems to be unhelpful.

To better evaluate how to optimize the website, we want to learn the reason for not going to the local site to download the firmware.

Could you please take a second to finish a short survey and leave your valued feedback below to help us improve the TP-Link website?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- >> Let's begin << ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How do you visit the TP-Link website?

A. by searching "tplink website" via Google    B. by inputting "tp-link.com" in the address bar    C. others (reply to tell us the info)

2. When you visit the TP-Link website, do you see the following window popping out to guide you to go to your region's site?

A. Yes, it shows up but I just close it                       B. No, never see such a popping window.                C. others (reply to tell us the info)  

3. When you download the firmware from the TP-Link website, have you noticed the red note below?

A. Yes, I see it                          B. No, never notice the red note.               C. others (reply to tell us the info) 

4. Do you think it is helpful if there is a poping window guide you to the correct website when you download the firmware?

A. Yes, it's helpful                          B. No, I may ignore it.               C. other suggestions (reply to tell us the info) 

------------------------------ >>Thank you in advance for your generous feedback and suggestion>> ------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> END << ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-10 14:26:45 - last edited 2021-04-10 14:31:49

@Fae 

Fae wrote

Hi All,

TP-Link team has noticed that people may download the firmware from wrong regions' site, which may affect the product functionality.

Now TP-Link would like to optimize the TP-Link website to prevent you or other people from downloading the wrong firmware in the future.

Even though measures have already been taken on the website to guide people to select the correct region, it seems to be unhelpful.

To better evaluate how to optimize the website, we want to learn the reason for not going to the local site to download the firmware.

Could you please take a second to finish a short survey and leave your valued feedback below to help us improve the TP-Link website?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- >> Let's begin << ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How do you visit the TP-Link website?

A. by searching "tplink website" via Google    B. by inputting "tp-link.com" in the address bar    C. others (reply to tell us the info)

2. When you visit the TP-Link website, do you see the following window popping out to guide you to go to your region's site?

A. Yes, it shows up but I just close it                       B. No, never see such a popping window.                C. others (reply to tell us the info)  

3. When you download the firmware from the TP-Link website, have you noticed the red note below?

A. Yes, I see it                          B. No, never notice the red note.               C. others (reply to tell us the info) 

4. Do you think it is helpful if there is a poping window guide you to the correct website when you download the firmware?

A. Yes, it's helpful                          B. No, I may ignore it.               C. other suggestions (reply to tell us the info) 

------------------------------ >>Thank you in advance for your generous feedback and suggestion>> ------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> END << ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I initially thought that the UN/US version appended at the end of the firmware filename is just refering to the language. The UN version being for maybe some other country I dont know that has a UN abbreviation. You know, something like UK, PH, JP , KR abbreviations for countries name. Heck I was even looking for a PH firmware version for the Philippines, only to be led to a US firmware as the first google search result for searching the latest firmware for this unit. And me being the first time user of a CPE thought this US firmware version would just refer to the language used in the firmware really. 

Just a recommendation, maybe before updating the firmware, you can block users from updating their firmwares from UN to US version so that we won't mistakenly update our firmware to the incorrect firmware version?. I mean the firmware naming convention is quite confusing enough for me as I was really thinking that it must just be a refering to the language of the firmware which for my part is okay to be in US/English as I'm speaking the language anyway. hehe.

PS: Much like the Terms and Conditions no one cares to read anywhere on the web,even with the red highlight, I think its something people dont care to read when updating the firmware. You really have to block us on your firmware side from mistakenly updating the firmware from UN to US version.Though I did read the manual and hardware version thing first to make sure it was really for my device, but after the numbers things and hardware version, I didnt just cared about the suffix UN/US as I already said, I thought it was just a language of the firmware. Which I assumed may be the reason why others mistakenly flashed their firmware to US too.hmm

Options
2021-04-15 02:41:19

Dear @iamjoshua,

iamjoshua wrote

I initially thought that the UN/US version appended at the end of the firmware filename is just refering to the language. The UN version being for maybe some other country I dont know that has a UN abbreviation. You know, something like UK, PH, JP , KR abbreviations for countries name. Heck I was even looking for a PH firmware version for the Philippines, only to be led to a US firmware as the first google search result for searching the latest firmware for this unit. And me being the first time user of a CPE thought this US firmware version would just refer to the language used in the firmware really. 

Just a recommendation, maybe before updating the firmware, you can block users from updating their firmwares from UN to US version so that we won't mistakenly update our firmware to the incorrect firmware version?. I mean the firmware naming convention is quite confusing enough for me as I was really thinking that it must just be a refering to the language of the firmware which for my part is okay to be in US/English as I'm speaking the language anyway. hehe.

PS: Much like the Terms and Conditions no one cares to read anywhere on the web,even with the red highlight, I think its something people dont care to read when updating the firmware. You really have to block us on your firmware side from mistakenly updating the firmware from UN to US version.Though I did read the manual and hardware version thing first to make sure it was really for my device, but after the numbers things and hardware version, I didnt just cared about the suffix UN/US as I already said, I thought it was just a language of the firmware. Which I assumed may be the reason why others mistakenly flashed their firmware to US too.hmm

Thank you so much for your valued feedback. I've forwarded it to the website support team for reference.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-16 14:28:25

@davidmu88 ARE YOU SLOVE YOUR PROBLEM MI NOT YET 

I HAVE A CANADA VERSION 

Options
2021-04-17 11:25:21

@Fae my cpe is UN VERSION BUT NO IS US AND I WHANT TO RETOURN IN LAST VERSSION BUT IMPOSSIBL

Options
2021-04-17 18:08:48

@davidmu88 @Fae 

Hi,

I have the same problem with CPE710 , can you help?

Options
2021-04-19 05:46:03

Dear @HOUARAPRESS, @i3ut29,

Please kindly follow this solution for further assistance. Thank you!

Options
2021-05-16 09:19:17

@Fae 

Good time of the day. I had such a problem, I flashed my first CPE710 access point to the Canadian firmware, now I have a restriction on chat rooms and it is not possible to go back, I live in Russia. The second access point I asked for the American firmware can be returned to the European firmware, but the frequencies do not appear and disappeared Test mode. I originally thought that the US version is just a change of language. At the moment I have only four frequencies to choose from, namely 5745 MHz, 5765 MHz, 5785 MHz, 5805 MHz, which are not suitable for my region. Help me please.

Options