Lock to AP or not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lock to AP or not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lock to AP or not
Lock to AP or not
2021-01-17 15:01:19
Model: CPE220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have my CPE220 pointing from outside of my office studio, across the garden - approx 10m - to pickup my mesh wifi in my home.

The Mesh wifi is Linksys Velop and has a couple of nodes.

When I set up CPE220 and scan for SSID's , one of the nodes has the strongest signal. A question is should I lock AP on this node? Or should I let the CPE pick what ever node it wants.

This week I thought lock AP was the best option but overnight the CPE was no longer connected. Couldn't even log into the device management page until I unplugged it for a good 5 min and reset it.

That might be unrelated issue but I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on the lock AP versus float   

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lock to AP or not
2021-01-19 11:42:30

Dear @Eldridge

The Mesh wifi is Linksys Velop and has a couple of nodes.

When I set up CPE220 and scan for SSID's , one of the nodes has the strongest signal. A question is should I lock AP on this node? Or should I let the CPE pick what ever node it wants.

If the Linksys nodes are fixed in a location and work steadily, you could lock AP on the node for a better connection.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2419

Replies: 1

Related Articles