Add ability to create inbound firewall rules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 05:40:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hi,

Can I please request that we have the ability to create inbound firewall rules.

We can create an ACL to restrict traffic from LAN to WAN (Gateway ACL), but there is no way to restrict what is coming in from WAN to LAN.

In UniFi I can create what is called a WAN_IN rule which is a firewall rule to control the traffic coming in from the WAN interface.

If this feature can be added for us it would allow us to make out networks a little more secure by being able to control the firewall a bit better.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add ability to create inbound firewall rules
2021-01-21 07:40:59
TL-R605 has no option for ACL either from WAN or remote site in VPN tunnel or between VLAN. Only LAN to WAN as you say. So security is not possible with this device. /shberge
Options
Re:Add ability to create inbound firewall rules
2021-01-23 09:39:21

@shberge 

I've not tried myself but this thread has a user (post 7) who has controled the interface between WAN - LAN by creating a IPGroup WAN as the source.... Not tried myself but its on my to do list to have ago. I will update here if it works for me.

Stealth Ports on TL-R600VPN - Bridge mode - Business Community (tp-link.com)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1328

Replies: 2