Same SSID with CPE210 bridged EAP225?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 17:44:49
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have an EAP225-Outdoor on the corner of my main house, broadcasting a 2.4Ghz channel. Let's call this (A).

100 m away I have another building. As signal (A) is too weak to use with my devices in this second building, I used a CPE210 with line of site to (A) to capture the signal, and send it to an EAP225 Ceiling mount. Let's call this (B).

I have A and B with seperate SSIDs, and I have set my phone to not connect to signal A, as signal A is able to connect with my devices when I am walking from the main house to the second building and maintain a (very) weak connection, preventing my phone from automatically connecting to signal B.

I would like to have access to signal A in the space between the two buildings, by allowing my phone to connect to both A and B. 

I have reduced the radio signal to low on A, as a first attempt, but I want to know if it would work to set both A and B to the same SSID?

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 0

Related Articles