Access Point and Client work, but can't configure or find them on my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-25 04:42:50

I have two CPE710's - one is set to access point, the other is client. The system is working, beautifully - in the network behind the client has fast access to the internet from the network where the access point is located. They are sitting on a 192.168.1.x subnet and they are both configured for dynamic.

I am not able to get to either of them in the browser, or via ping. Nor, does the router show either of them in it's dhcp leases list. They are not configured for static, either. I have used a LAN scanner, and I can't find them anywhere.

How could they be working perfectly, but I am not able to see an IP lease or find them with a network scanner?  I can even see the google router that is behind the client - it has taken an IP in the lease list from the 1.x subnet. Are the Tlink CPE710's somehow operating without taking an IP from the local router?

If that is the case, how can I configure? I was looking forward to checking on their stats and stuff, the same way I did before I took them to the field. I was able to log into both of them in my lab while they were connected to one another. I could see distance, etc...

Any ideas of what is going on?

TY!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point and Client work, but can't configure or find them on my network
2021-02-24 10:10:12 - last edited 2021-02-24 10:17:13

Dear @Digibalast,

How could they be working perfectly, but I am not able to see an IP lease or find them with a network scanner?  I can even see the google router that is behind the client - it has taken an IP in the lease list from the 1.x subnet. Are the Tlink CPE710's somehow operating without taking an IP from the local router?

For Pharos CPE, if the settings are changed but not saved, the settings will be lost after the CPE is rebooted.

Are you sure that you have clicked Save Changes after you change the Network->LAN setting on the CPE710?

Perhaps you may disconnect the CPE AP from the network then connect it to a PC instead, verify if the CPE is still using 192.168.0.254.

Edit: just noticed that you have updated the case in this post. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/249084

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options