tp link sdn switch cannot see devices on third party switch (Solved)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 22:11:53 - last edited 2021-01-31 13:33:11
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

I have the switch mentioned above as well as a third party switch and a non SDN Tp-link switch, I can see clients on the end of both switches but only after a SDN controller reboot ( controller software is on a windows 10 box)..after a short while the clients disappear, the switches are on the end of powerline adaptors..one set is TP-link the other third party, both have the same issues. The clients get an IP address from my firewall and all work and they all come into the same port on the switch ( both powerline adaptors syncing with a third whose output goes into the switch (TL-SG2428P V1), just cant see them on the SDN controller. Clients directly connected to the switch works, also I have a EAP245 on a powerline adaptor and I can see that on the controller... Any ideas?? Thanks..

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp link sdn switch cannot see devices on third party switch (Solved)
2021-01-31 13:35:39
So far I have it working. I disconnected the second AP from the powerline adaptor and put it into mesh mode with the other AP that is directly connected to the main switch. Now all clients connected to all of the switches now report on the SDN controller.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 560

Replies: 1

Related Articles