Need assistance Making one AC1200 EAP225-Outdoor AP a Client and the other an AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need assistance Making one AC1200 EAP225-Outdoor AP a Client and the other an AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 17:06:57
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel. 35383(5553)

Hello everyone,

I have the need to connect two buildings (or possibly three) together via  some AC1200 devices connected to switches.  After much trying, I was able to log into one device, change the IP, and get it passing internet traffic as well as access it remotely via our management network. So far, so good.  Now my problem is how I can "lock this" to another  AC1200 device  like I've previously been able to do with  the PHAROS CPE210 devices.  It had some sort of wizard that would enable you to scan for the other device and lock it via the mac address. So far, I have not seen how I can do that on this device.

My other question is about VLANs.  Right now I can only see an option to create two of them. I chose one for management, and the other for Internet. However, I really need a third one for passing phone traffic. Is there a way to do this, or am I limited to only two?

Thanks for your help,

alankelly

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need assistance Making one AC1200 EAP225-Outdoor AP a Client and the other an AP
2021-02-10 01:04:25

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I actually need 4 CPE210's to connect all three buildings.  Each building will have a managed switch (for phones) and an access point for internet.  I was handed the EAP225's, but the more I look around, the more it seems they are not going to work in this case. I wonder if the building on the end of the run will have solid internet, or if it would degrade in any way from going from building 1 to 3 without direct lines.  As much as I'd like it, fiber runs are too expensive.  Any thoughts on this?

Options
Re:Need assistance Making one AC1200 EAP225-Outdoor AP a Client and the other an AP
2021-02-10 18:47:57

@alankelly Hi!  I do many of this same setup with Airmax radios.  If the angle is below 120 degrees... then you just need 3 radios.  I havent been very impressed with TPlink radios yet.... so Airmax have been very solid and very simple for all my setups for clients.  Many buildings, many farms, etc.

Options
2021-02-24 08:50:28

Dear @alankelly,

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I actually need 4 CPE210's to connect all three buildings.  Each building will have a managed switch (for phones) and an access point for internet.  I was handed the EAP225's, but the more I look around, the more it seems they are not going to work in this case. I wonder if the building on the end of the run will have solid internet, or if it would degrade in any way from going from building 1 to 3 without direct lines.  As much as I'd like it, fiber runs are too expensive.  Any thoughts on this?

The CPE210 only works on 2.4GHz and adopts 100Mbps Ethernet ports, if there is heavy wireless interference on 2.4GHz, it's suggested to choose 5GHz CPE instead. And if you need high bandwidth, the CPE710 may be your choice as it's equipped with a Gigabit Ethernet port.

Additional note:

The CPE710 has a very small antenna beamwidth(9° Azimuth/7° Elevation), which concentrates energy in one direction only.

To ensure good communication, we need a 1st Fresnel zone clearance, and the visual line of sight doesn’t mean Fresnel zone clearance.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone#Fresnel_zone_clearance

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 3