TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.

2021-02-10 03:45:24 - last edited 2022-10-28 02:31:20

Hi All,

TP-Link Support team has made templates for SNMP v2/v3, which can cooperate with Zabbix to monitor port traffic and CPU/memory utilization on TP-Link Managed Switches. For more information about Zabbix, please visit https://www.zabbix.com/network_monitoring

The template for TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 is shared on Zabbix website, you can download it from this link.

https://share.zabbix.com/official-templates/network-devices

Note: you may type "TP-Link" in the search bar to get the templates immediately.

Welcome to use the templates and leave comments to share your experience and suggestion. If the template is helpful, the TP-Link team may consider uploading more templates on the Zabbix website to suit your requirements.

Thank you for your support and trust on TP-Link products!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
12 Reply
Re:【Notification】TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.
2021-02-16 18:43:21

Thanks for these templates. I have been using the "Template Net TP-LINK SNMPv2" to monitor APs in three sites I'm administering. These sites have EAP115, EAP245, EAP110 Outdoor and EAP225 Outdoor units. Two of them are controlled by SW controller (Ubuntu 18.04) and one by OC200.

Templates are otherwise great, but they miss support for the controller part. Or, is it so, that the controller can't be monitored at all by SNMP?

Another problem is, that the network discovery finds ath interfaces from EAP245, but those interfaces are not actually used, and triggers related to those, generate lots of warnings. I have then just disabled items related to ath interfaces.

My Zabbix server is running 4.0.28.

Options
2021-02-18 03:11:30

Dear @KTuulos,

Templates are otherwise great, but they miss support for the controller part. Or, is it so, that the controller can't be monitored at all by SNMP?

Appreciate your valued feedback. It's a pity that the templates are only for standalone switch, and the controller itself doesn't support SNMP at the time being. I will collect more feedback and forward this to the product team for further evaluation.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-02-19 12:26:47

@Fae Are there any possibilities for monitoring the OC200? So far, I have just pinged it to make sure, it is powered on.

Options
2021-04-20 10:14:33
Options
2021-05-06 21:13:51

@Fae Really appreciated. Thanks for sharing these templates. I'll try to use it on empiretoilet.com

Options
2021-07-04 11:34:15

Fae wrote

Hi All,

TP-Link Support team has made templates for SNMP v2/v3, which can cooperate with Zabbix to monitor port traffic and CPU/memory utilization on TP-Link Managed Switches. For more information about Zabbix, please visit https://www.zabbix.com/network_monitoring

The template for TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 is shared on Zabbix website, you can download it from this link.

https://share.zabbix.com/official-templates/network-devices

Note: you may type "TP-Link" in the search bar to get the templates immediately.

Welcome to use the templates and leave comments to share your experience and suggestion. If the template is helpful, the TP-Link team may consider uploading more templates on the Zabbix website to suit your requirements.

Thank you for your support and trust on TP-Link products!

@Fae 

Options
2021-07-16 11:27:59

@Fae Hi, Your review and other information were great. I just want to is it compatible with the Best LGA 1155 CPU.

Options
2022-01-17 20:40:09
Options
2022-07-14 10:56:47

@Fae 

Hi would like to bump this As it is really pity that we cannot monitor Controller . Any ETA can be expected ?

Options
Re:TP-Link SNMP v2/v3 template has been shared on Zabbix website.
2023-04-24 14:08:56

@Fae 

Would like to bump this. This is starting to get ridiculous that no template for controller is available.....

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 9861

Replies: 12