Connecting 2 cpe210 ap and client. and ap to modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 12:26:06
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: ?

I think  I have managed to connect the client to the access point. But I don't know how to get the access point to connect to my modem via ethernet cable and then send the signal to the client then to a router.

so basically modem > cpe210 #1 AP > cpe210 #2 Client > router. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting 2 cpe210 ap and client. and ap to modem
2021-02-16 09:01:29

@Wachako There is an RJ45 plug in the back panel of the CPE210. You can expose the plug by sliding down the weather-proofing access door. Plug the modem into the LAN port of the power block and then plug in an ethernet cord from the POE port to the CPE antenna. Set up this one as the AP. Under 'Wireless', change the 'Mode' to 802.11n, the Channel Width to 20GHz, and disable MaxStream.

For the second CPE, set it up as the client. Under 'Wireless', change the 'Mode' to 802.11n, the Channel Width to 20GHz. Plug the LAN from the second CPE (Client) to the WAN port of the router and set the router as an AP so it doesn't give out IPs.

Options
Re:Connecting 2 cpe210 ap and client. and ap to modem
2021-02-24 08:35:19

Dear @Wachako,

so basically modem > cpe210 #1 AP > cpe210 #2 Client > router. 

If your modem is a pure modem (works in bridge mode), I'm afraid that the setup above won't work. The CPE210 AP should connect behind a Router, if the modem cannot work as a router, you may configure the CPE210 #1 as AP Router mode instead. 

How to Configure the AP Router Mode on the Pharos device, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/723/

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1112

Replies: 2

Related Articles