Questions about EAP225 AC1350 features and most recent firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-09 21:18:34
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: EAP225(US)_V3_5.0.0 Build 20200918

Hi, I have a few questions about my EAP225.

In regards to the latest firmware update:

1. The new feature " Add AP spectrum scanning function." I do not see this after updating, what am I missing?
  2. The new feature " Add past connections function to show the historical connection clients. " I also do not see this, what am I missing?
  3. The new feature " Add the list of client association time activities and client association activities. " I also do not see this, what am I missing?

General Questions:

1. Under Status > Clients > Client List, Nothing shows up under Guest but I have Guest Network checked for different SSID/VLANS. Am I understanding this wrong and it is actually for the Portal function? If someone logs in through the Portal, is that when I would see the devices in the Guest client list?
  2. When I scan for Rogue AP's, add an AP to the trusted list it shows varius information about the AP. If I log out of the EAP then log back in at a later time, the trusted list only shows the MAC address and Action as unkown for the AP I added to the trusted list. Is this normal or a bug? Why do the previously populated boxes become depopulated for AP's that have been added to the trusted list?
  3. In Status > Cients > Client list, sometimes the hostname for a device may appear and other times it will just say unknown and for some devices it will always say unknown even though the device does have a set hostname. Is this a bug?
  4. All of my SSID's have been assigned to their own VLAN. Each VLAN is on it's own subnet in the router and DNS request go through these subnets. Why is the EAP225 performing random DNS request on its own subnet as it has no need to access the internet? am I missing something?
  5. Why is there no way to disable Controler Inform URL? Not a big deal but why not?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Questions about EAP225 AC1350 features and most recent firmware
2021-03-09 21:25:23
how you can add "Trusted AP?" in the Omada SDN Software ? when i click : Near AP XXX omada tell me "Ap dosent Exist" it would be nice to have that Function back
Options
2021-03-10 04:15:12

@RobTheGreater Sorry I actually should have mentioned it in my post, it's through the AP's Web GUI.

Wireless > Rogue AP Detection > Scan. Once the scan is complete, if it finds any AP's the Action column allows you to click Known and it will add the AP to the Trusted AP List.

Options
2021-03-10 19:30:05
yea, that what i know from Omada 3.x but actuallly missing the button in omada 4.x :/
Options
2021-03-13 14:16:19

Just to ask,

What does this function actually "do" besides adding a subset of SSID's to a list.  I haven't tried to use this function in the newer OC200 firmware as it never seemed very useful in the old firmware.

It's not like there's any notification capability to let you know when a rogue AP is found, right?  Or any provision to automatically scan every day, week, 30 days, etc

Just curious,

Jonathan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1022

Replies: 4