OC200/EAP245v3 (Canada) Massive Packet Drops / TX Retries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 02:39:31
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.2.11

Hello all,

I bought an OC200 in October, but due to time constraints and work from home, I only installed it 4 days ago. I had previously been using the Linux 3.2.10 Software Omada Controller. I went into the OC200 and made all my wireless networks with the same options as the old controller, "forgot" the APs from the old controller and adopted them to the new. I had to upgrade the firmware on the APs and downloaded the version 5.0.0 Build 20201022 Rel. 5982 from the TPLink Website. The filename is: EAP245(CA)_V3_5.0.0 Build 20201022.zip. What's odd, is that I don't see that file on there now. Anyway, almost right away I noticed that there were WPA Authentication Timeouts. Which wasn't terribly worrying. Then certain devices would jump on and off the network at random. Some devices would connect but say "No Internet" or would toggle between the two. If it DID have Internet it was incredibly slow, in the range of 2 Mbps.  The other thing I noticed later on the dashboard was the TX Retries / Errors / Drops were very very high. Which would explain the slow speeds. I played with settings and the TX dB rate, but nothing worked. Tried toggling just about any setting I could find to see if it made any difference, it didn't. What was very odd was that on the old controller I had absolutely NO issues whatsoever. It was a flawless network right out of the box with no fiddling with settings at all. 

Due to sheer frustration, I forgot the APs on the new controller and re-adopted them to the old controller. Lo and behold, ZOOOOOM. I now get flawless transfers at 500Mb and everything works perfectly. The higher firmware means that it isn't passing the same amount of data to the controller, but they work. 

Long story short, is my OC200 defective? Is the Firmware I downloaded the wrong one? Is there an issue with the OC200 Firmware? 

Thanks for any help!

Options