Multicast Problem Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 14:01:35 - last edited 2021-03-16 11:05:16
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

My Setup (exemplified):

- Pfsense Box version 2.5.0 with Avahi installed and tagged vlan (100) and untaged LAN.

- Omada Controller Software version 4.2.11

- EAP225v3 firmware version 5.0.0 with 2 SSIDs (A, B)

-SSID A is conected to the main untaged LAN

-SSID B is conected to  Vlan 100

-No guest isolation is used

Multicast (mDNS) is not working properly on my EAP225v3, if i configure my chromecast either on SSID A or B hosts on the same (or different) SSID cannot found the chromecast.

However hosts on my wired lan can see the chromecast no mather what SSID the chromecast is connect to (I have Avahi configured and firewall rules to allow comunication between lan and vlan).

The only way to connect wireless hosts to the chromecast is when I reboot the EAP225v3 and the chromecast, this way the discovery works no matter what is the SSID in wich chromecast is connect to (on both SSIDs multicast discovery is possible because of my pfsense configuration) for a few hours, after that new hosts cannot see the chromecast.

This is very frustrating since I must allow acess to the chromecast across different SSIDs, this setup is deployed on the company that I work on and it's not feasible to restart devices everytime someone needs to use it.

The problem is only with multicast other protocols works fine.

same situation as in this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/229292

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multicast Problem Omada Controller-Solution
2021-03-16 11:03:33 - last edited 2021-03-16 11:05:16

UPDATE: I've read about in the forums and I disabled 'Airtime Fairness' and 'Force-Disassociation',still have enabled: Fast Roaming, Dual Band 11k Report and Band Steering. Multicast is working fine across SSIDs and Vlans!!!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Multicast Problem Omada Controller-Solution
2021-03-16 11:03:33 - last edited 2021-03-16 11:05:16

UPDATE: I've read about in the forums and I disabled 'Airtime Fairness' and 'Force-Disassociation',still have enabled: Fast Roaming, Dual Band 11k Report and Band Steering. Multicast is working fine across SSIDs and Vlans!!!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multicast Problem Omada Controller
2021-05-08 09:55:13

@TI_Grupo_Simon Does it still work? I tried this last night and it worked, but this morning I can't see Chromecast across the different VLANs

Options
Re:Multicast Problem Omada Controller
2021-05-27 06:57:12

@TI_Grupo_Simon 

I've finally have some free time tomorrow and will try this. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4104

Replies: 3

Related Articles