Packet Capture with Wifi Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-24 19:52:53
Model: TL-SG108PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20191204 Rel.71847

Hello

I have a TL-SG108PE connected to my local server, to my router (TL-R605) and to 3 EAP 225 V3 access points. The network is managed by Omada SDN, with the exception of the TL-SG108PE since it's not supported (hopefully, yet not supported, as I find this switch to be very popular).

I just recently purchased one Wi-Fi To Remote RF Converter, which is a Chinese gadgedt that will allow me to send RF signals to open my garage door. The device itself is connected to the wireless network, and I can send commands through a proprietary app of the manufacturer.

I would like to capture the packets being sent / received from that wifi device. How can I accomplish that?

In theory, I'm considering mirroring the port for the AP on my ground floor (which the device is connected to) to another switch port (which I'll have a LAN connected computer with wireshark running), and filter the mac address / IP address of the device in wireshark. But that is a theory that I need confirmation on, and I don't want to mess up the network by testing (at leat not during the week when the same network is used for remote work).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 885

Replies: 0

Related Articles