Pharos CPE510 unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-29 18:24:55 - last edited 2021-03-30 00:49:14
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20200612 REl. 38059

Hello,

I have a client with a camping site. We installed 10 EAP 225 outdoor acces points in mesh mode, with 2 wired ap's. This is controlled by an omada controller. To reduce the wireless connections and hop's in the mesh configuration we installed a point-to- point connection between 2 CPE 510 devices. One is acting as a client and the other as a AP. There's a router in the network with dhcp and both CPE510's have a fixed ip (192.168.0.50 and 192.168.0.51, dhcp starts above 100). On the POE injector of the receiving CPE (client) there is a EAP 225 outdoor connected with a POE adapter. I am able to establish the connection between the two cpe device and everything looks fine (screenshot of client) but after a while (sometimes hours, sometimes a day) the connection is lost between the two cpe devices. When i restart the AP cpe the connection is then again established for a while but almost every day the connection is lost. the distance between the two CPE devices is about 230 meters (on the cpe devices it indicates with auto measure 264 meters). How can i detect the problem of the lost connections? (the AP CPE is wired to a gigabit switch who is connected to the modem/router)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Pharos CPE510 unstable connection
2021-03-30 02:25:26

Dear @RubenW,

RubenW wrote

I am able to establish the connection between the two cpe device and everything looks fine (screenshot of client) but after a while (sometimes hours, sometimes a day) the connection is lost between the two cpe devices. When i restart the AP cpe the connection is then again established for a while but almost every day the connection is lost. the distance between the two CPE devices is about 230 meters (on the cpe devices it indicates with auto measure 264 meters). How can i detect the problem of the lost connections? (the AP CPE is wired to a gigabit switch who is connected to the modem/router)

From your screenshot, I notice that your CPE operates in the DFS channel 104 (UNII-2e, DFS channel 100-140), are any of your wireless clients able to find the SSID broadcasting by the AP cpe when the connection is lost between the two CPE devices?

If the SSID disappears on the AP cpe when the issue happens, the problem may be caused by radar signals nearby.

For CPE(and other devices) that operate in the DFS channels, when detecting radar signals, the CPE must dynamically switch the operating frequency of the 5GHz radio to one that does not interfere with the radar signals. Prior to selecting that channel, CPE will listen for an uncertain period of time (ranging from 1 to 10 minutes). During this time, CPE does not broadcast the SSID.

For more info about DFS, please check Brief introduction of DFS function

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 879

Replies: 1