EAP245 high TCP retransmission and duplicate ACK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-01 16:10:19
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.1

Hi, I am having problems with my EAP245 V3. The issue seems to be triggered by someone connected to the AP loading a website or something that requires an internet connection but not always. It seems to affect all the users connected to the AP at the same time, meaning it's a problem within the AP itself and not the clients. Here are some screenshots from ping and Wireshark.

Signal strength from the Mac I did the test is at around -60 while noise is jumping between -90 and -70. but there doesn't seem to be a correlation between noise and packet loss.

There is an unmanaged switch connected to the AP via the second ethernet port that serves connection to 2 computers and a Smart TV and those have no problems with the connection so it's not a problem between the AP and the ISP modem. I can ping from a cabled computer connected directly to the AP without issue.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP245 high TCP retransmission and duplicate ACK
2021-04-07 21:34:40

Please help, the issue is still present. I have tried everything and the connection is very, very degraded.

Options
2021-04-08 18:58:10

@EPerezF 

I assume one of the client or the router is the problem. Have you tried enabling "airtime fairness"?

Options
2021-04-08 20:13:41 - last edited 2021-04-08 20:15:41

@mobb Tried enabling it but it didn't affect anything.

The issue seems to affect the only M1 MacBook Pro in the house and when trying to load a website. Whenever it starts sending TCP retransmissions like crazy and timing out on ping to the router the rest of the devices have their connection somewhat degraded but not completely lost.

Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility between the new M1 MacBook Pro and TP-Link APs? I really doubt it. I will test how the network behaves with eh M1 off for a day and see if there's any issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1142

Replies: 3