Is it possible to Specify wifi for an access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 17:12:25
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just started playing with OC200 and I have one access point for now and I will have the EAP-225 outdoor ac soon. I was wondering whether it's possible to have some wifi networks on the EAP-245 that I have in my house and a guest network on the outdoor without having to broadcast all the SSIDs outdoor as well? Any help with that?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is it possible to Specify wifi for an access point?
2021-04-06 18:39:16

@JeanGerard 

You can set different SSIDs per AP by configuring WLAN Groups or by specifying a SSID override on specific APs (Device | Config | WLAN).

Note that if you have an SSID shared between groups, roaming may not be as robust - you'll see a lot of connected/disconneted messages in the log when a client moves from one AP to another as opposed to 'roaming' messages.  That is the way I had things configured intially, but moved to a dummy/override setup for the one SSID that I needed to be exclusive to a specific AP.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/236756

Options
Re:Is it possible to Specify wifi for an access point?
2021-04-06 20:17:35

@TEDC Thanks a lot! I'll have a look around. Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 2