Omada Controller 225 - Portal issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-20 07:50:39
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.2.11

Hello,

I have a project using Omada EAP-225 with Software controller.

first of all my project is to allow main LAN (vlan1) and a newly created vlan(vlan21) to have wifi access using many EAP-225 APs which are distributed on all building.

I am using Sophos XG firewall, a trunk uplink from sophos to Aruba instant on Switch, then uplinks from Aruba to HP and cisco switches with trunk ports between all switches to APs

Note that the XG firewall allow me to reach internet with DHCP pools created on it for main LAN and vlan21.

My question is:

I have created 2 SSID (SSID1 for main LAN and SSID2 for vlan21)

I have the SDN controller installed on server at LAN side.

for vlan1 when I turn the portal authentication with vouchers or any other security sign-in I have no issues, but when I apply portal on vlan21 I got connectivity check issue without reaching the portal.

(note I can get DHCP from firewall on 2 vlans and I can connect to internet if I skipped the connectivity check, so all the way connection from firewall to APs is correct and accurate)

My only issue is that I can't reach the portal.

I tried to just make my pc where SDN software installed to be on access port vlan21 then did the same for AP's (access port the uplink connected to AP vlan 21), I then can reach the portal from vlan21.

what I need, is to stay with my pc on main LAN and let the AP port connected to switch as trunk then reaching the portal when connecting toSSID as normal wifi and SSID2 using portal authentication (vlan21).

I am confused I tried much and much over 1 week ago and still can't solve this problem. please help.

thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Controller 225 - Portal issue
2021-04-20 18:18:09 - last edited 2021-04-20 18:44:14

@Hasan-Pro-ITS 

first off all you have to create a firewall roule to allow portal authentication from vlan21, then you can go to authentication on Omada SDN controller and set pre authentication access list (Omada SDN IP Adress) that should work..

You should also look at your computer where Omada SDN software is installed, if firewall is enabled on computer then you have to create a allow roule to give access from ip on vlan21.

Options
Re:Omada Controller 225 - Portal issue
2021-04-21 19:20:51
I will try what you just suggest tomorrow and will see the result. Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles