Omada and lack of Radius functionlity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-20 16:47:35 - last edited 2021-04-22 09:54:31
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Team

I've just build my demo (Omada controler, two AP's with router  and switch).

I had one very important requirement:

-  I need to have one SSID and around 16 users with individual accounts and password.

I check all reasources but I can't find a solution how to get my requirements fullfill.

Could you advice me what element I should add to my deployment to have:

- ability to create new users

- have simple billing solution (ie. possibility to block user anytime)

- use browser to manage users

- one user can login more than one device at a time uisng their indyvidual credentials

this is very smll deployment so I need cheap solution here.

Any ideas are welcome (I know that this is TP-Link forum but I'm opened for every solution)

With reards

Slawek

Options
6 Reply
Re:Omada and lack of Radius functionlity
2021-04-20 17:57:28 - last edited 2021-04-22 09:54:31

@slv 

Omada SND have no radius server, but if you only need to crate users you can use tekradius for windows and WPA Enterprice on SSID, this is free and can be downloaded her.

https://www.kaplansoft.com/download.html

if you need dynamic wifi vlan to you have to go for another solution. Omada SDN have no dynamic vlan on SSID.

unifi line have what you want but then you have to replace all your devices with new one.

Options
2021-04-20 19:28:32 - last edited 2021-04-22 09:54:31
Hi shberge I wasn't aware of Kaplansoft radius solution. Thx for the tip. My problem is that I don't have Windows machine where I can set up this piece of software. I have different idea - maybe creazy one - use Mikrotik router with User Manager package installled. This seems to be promissing, I'm trying to implement this is my lab right now. I'm worring about licence limitation https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:License#License_Levels my box has : RouterOS license 4 Maybe someone has another idea? How to solve my problem? Is there any FreeRadius solution "ready to use" to be installed on Open-WRT or esasy to deploy solution on Raspberry-Pi ? With regards Slawek
Options
2021-04-20 19:39:16 - last edited 2021-04-22 09:54:31

Mybe I dont know .. https://freeradius.org/ there are many freeradius on the internet for other operating system than windows so google and you will find :-) windows have not so mutch off this software.

I have no experience with OpenWrt but is I can se this is support for freeradius ..

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/freeradius

Options
2021-04-20 20:20:26 - last edited 2021-04-22 09:54:31

@shberge 

Dynamic vlan assignements is present in the new next release as far as I know.

Let's wait 

Regards

Options
2021-04-20 20:25:21 - last edited 2021-04-22 09:54:31

@Emitplink Thats god news. so I hope :-) I have som office with shared internet and its not very nice with a bunch of SSID. i guess this come in V5 software ? 

Options
2021-04-22 13:38:57

@shberge 

shberge wrote

@Emitplink Thats god news. so I hope :-) I have som office with shared internet and its not very nice with a bunch of SSID. i guess this come in V5 software ? 

No the version it will be v4.3 or 4.3.5.

Let's see in the next days/weeks.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1199

Replies: 6

Related Articles