EAP 225 Outdoor standalone setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-24 03:14:21
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Please excuse my IT illiterate brain!

I'm trying to get stronger wifi to the back of our property (outdoor) and purchased an EAP 225 Outdoor to link with our current modem TP-Link Archer VR1600v.

I have managed to connect the EAP to the network via web address http://192.168.1.1. while the device is connected to the modem by Ethernet cable and my iphone and laptop are connected to the EAP now too. 

However, when i remove the cable from the POE to the modem LAN port the EAP internet connection isn't connected?? 

I'm not sure if i need to configure settings further in on the web interface? Surely the EAP should pick up the modem signal from the house from location at the back of the property and relay it?

How can I plug it into a power-point in the back shed and continue to broadcast without it being wired to the modem in the house??

Halp!

Os

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 225 Outdoor standalone setup
2021-04-24 03:16:33
If it makes any difference, I'm using mac and have the Omada app installed on my iphone which is showing the EAP device, just can relocate the POE EAP without loosing connection !!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 1

Related Articles