Default lan via wifi no wan access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 20:04:44
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

TL-R605 v1 fw:1.0.1

T1500G-8T v2 fw:2.0.6

EAP225 v3 fw:5.0.0

I’ve attempted to configure my system today and have run into an issue making the default lan available via wifi.

My aim was to keep trusted wired devices on the default lan and expose it via wifi for our mobile trusted personal devices.

I have also vlan 20 defined as guest and vlan 30 as iot 

I have created lans as interfaces on my lan port with the above vlans

I have created wireless networks with the ssid’s guest, iot & trusted attached to the related vlan

trusted vlan 1

guest vlan 20

iot vlan 30

I’ve created a port profile of wireless networks and added trusted, guest and iot and set this profile on my ap switch port

In testing my iot & guest wireless networks work as expected and allow internet access however my trusted wireless network can’t connect to the internet.

I’ve tried removing the vlan tag of 1 from the trusted wireless lan and forcing the config to the ap but it makes no difference in either  case iot and guest have access but trusted does not

Is it simply a case of avoiding using the default lan and creating a new lan and associating it with the wifi network or am I missing something?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Default lan via wifi no wan access
2021-04-29 00:31:39

@Morgans 

Is the switch port that the EAP is connected tagged with the default lan?  Are your mobile trusted devices getting the default subnet (same subnet as router) when they connect?

Options
2021-04-29 06:15:31

@1207 

Yes the native lan is present on the switch port, I have confirmed this by connecting a wired device to the port for testing

the devices I connected to the trusted wireless network did not get an IP address on the correct range, it was a different range to any of my defined ranges

Options
2021-04-29 18:23:58 - last edited 2021-04-29 18:26:31

@Morgans 

Are the trusted wireless devices getting an IP address that starts with 169?  This would mean the switch is not providing an IP address. You can try to set the EAPs switch port to the Lan "ALL" to see if it works. 

Options
2021-04-29 21:12:58

@1207 

it's interesting I had to break down the setup lasts night and reconnected it today and had the same issue.

I removed the vlan 1 tag from the trunk to the eap, just using thenative 'lan' plus vlan 20, 30 and had the same issue on lan wireless network but after trying a different wireless network and returning to the lan one it worked.

I had the lack of connection return 3-4 times during my setup work but unfortunately didn't capture the dhcp provisioned ip.

your suggested range doesn't ring a bell but if it happens again I'll capture it.

I could obviously be fat fingers on my part but the fact of doing nothing but drop the wifi connection and renewing it on my test devices would resolve it makes me question that

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 4