WAN interface ignores Gateway and DNS settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-30 15:21:07
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure the WAN interface of the router through the Controller.

I insert a static IP setting with DNS but the Gateway only configures the IP address and just ignores the Gateway and DNS settings.

Gateway and DNS display "--" in the device settings and no Internet Connection is possible.

Next I tried with DHCP but same problem. No Gateway and DNS Settings deployed on Gateway WAN interface but the IP address from the DHCP was correctly configured.

As information: for testing this new setup the WAN interface is in the Client Network of my provider router which is 192.168.0.0/24. 

I also tested a configuration with setting a public IP configuration but same error. No GW and DNS on Interface.

Regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:WAN interface ignores Gateway and DNS settings
2021-04-30 17:12:55

@Give-the-Bytes 

If you are looking under the Device page and then selecting router and detailed information, it will show no information for the gateway or DNS server.  As long as the information is showing under Settings>Wired>Internet you are good to go.

Options
Re:WAN interface ignores Gateway and DNS settings
2021-04-30 17:48:53

@1207 

Hi yes you are right. Its working as described. I just did not test it.

I assumed there is no Internet connection because the Speedtest was just going from zero to full Speed than back to zero und so on without getting a result.

Also I think in the Controller GUI the Interface status should be displayed. And some testing tools should be implemented like Traceroute, Ping etc. So far I didn't found those.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 2