Omada SW controller unable to login and bind to TP-Link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-05 11:54:43 - last edited 2021-05-11 18:55:29
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: irrelevant to the question as it is separate from the hardware

Dear all,

I purchased two TL-R605 in the hopes of connecting two locations via VPN. I did create an account at https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/. As I do not have an OC-200/300, I installed the Omada SW controller v4.someting (latest version) on a laptop. When I try to Login from it to bind it to Cloud access, I get a 'Failed to get response from the server' cryptic message back. Does anyone have experience with what I might be doing wrong?

Thx,

Ivar

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada SW controller unable to login and bind to TP-Link ID
2021-05-11 07:48:50 - last edited 2021-05-11 18:55:29

@IvarNL 

If you see this on the Quick Setup Wizard, please just skip it and try to bind the account on the Controller again.

You can bind the Account on Settings> Cloud Access. 

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-05-11 19:02:50

@Virgo thanks for your detailed response. It was on that screen that I kept getting the message. I caved in and bought an OC200. Now I am learning its quirks instead (if you move it out of 192.168.0.x, you will have to reset it and readopt the gateway and switch; there's a 'site manager' function where the password to the gateway, switches and AP are stored to facilitate readoption; etc.). Then, the SW controller started to validate my userid and password and connected to the omada cloud, but showing 0 devices (one more quirk: only one controller?). There is not that much infomation about TP-Link's Omada that is easily searchable on the web apparently...

Options
2021-05-12 00:18:17

@IvarNL 

Hi, we can't run OC200 and SW Controller at the same time.

If the internet is working on OC200 or on your PC, the OC200 and SW should be able to bind to the Cloud.

Since you have OC200 now, we need to find the OC200's IP address on your Router, and use that IP to visit the OC200's interface.

>Then, the SW controller started to validate my userid and password and connected to the omada cloud, but showing 0 devices 

Do you mean after you launch Controller on Cloud website, there is 0 EAP/Switch/Gateway? Or there is no Controller on your Cloud website?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1545

Replies: 3

Related Articles