Help a Noob Trying to Speed Limit a Group of IP Addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 14:51:45
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Im just a regular non-technical guy desperately trying to understand networking, so please, Layman's terms only.
I have a TP link router, ER7206, and using Omada software controller.
I have previously used a little WR840N router to distribute internet to an entire group of villages, and have upgraded to this thing, only to find I don't understand enough about anything to configure it well.

How do you create a group of IP addresses in the IP Group thing? I dont understand subnet masks, subnets, or what the dash number at the end of an ip address is.

My Router is 192.168.0.1 (default yes), so please someone give me an example of how i would say:

Group of IP addresses form 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.19.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Help a Noob Trying to Speed Limit a Group of IP Addresses
2021-05-07 02:43:45

@NotVeryGood 

Google "IP Range To CIDR" calculator.  If you only want to block a few you can enter each IP separately with a /32 at the end. 

Options
2021-05-07 06:35:05

@1207 thanks mate, right so ive been ading each one individually without anything at the end, no / 32, is that likely not to work?

Options
2021-05-07 16:10:22
Never tried to enter the IP that way, but if you get a success pop-up when you click apply it will probably work. If not add the /32. Also you will need to reserve the IP addresses for the devices in the IP group.
Options
2021-05-24 06:28:54

turns out the only solution was to get rid of this horrible Omada controller software and use the generic GUI. So this means theres no chance of loggin in remotely like i had planned to. MEH

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 4