Using TP-LINK CPE-210 with Omada 225 and 245 APa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-08 18:29:40
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a mesh network using 3 Omada 245's and one Omada 225 in my home all on ethernet backbone.

I would like to extend wifi coverage to my garage as the signal from the nearest Omada 245 starts to drop off and the smart device connected to it keeps dioconnecting.  I have been offered by a friend a single CPE-210. I appreciate these are primarily used as a pair for line of sight connection but I belive they can also be used in other modes?? Can one CPE-210 be used as a wifi repeaterand will it connect to my existing mesh network?

As a last resort I could an ethernet connection to the garage but it would have to be in exterior grade ethernet cable and if I can get away with a wifi link this would be easier to install.

Also if set up as a wfi repeater can you connect a device such as a PC to the ethernet port as well?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using TP-LINK CPE-210 with Omada 225 and 245 APa
2021-05-11 06:52:22

@FozzieBear 

CPE has a directional antenna, coverage is so small for receiving and broadcasting at the same time.

CPE has 4 modes in total, this one explains different modes:

How to Select Operation Mode of Pharos Series Products?

Like TP-Link said on this FAQ, there are something you need to know if you want to use CPE as a repeater.

How to install CPE210 to extend Wi-Fi with Repeater mode?

For example,

1. install CPE210 at a distance of no more than 10 meters from the wireless router. There should be no obstacles that seriously affect the wireless signal, such as concrete walls or ceilings.

2. Please install CPE210 vertically, and face the back of CPE210 directly to the wireless router.

Also if set up as a wfi repeater can you connect a device such as a PC to the ethernet port as well?

Yes, you can get internet from the Ethernet port.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 1

Related Articles