Omada + TL-SG1016PE - Guest wifi vlan ids?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-19 17:13:58
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

First off - please please please make a switch like the SG1016PE with omada support!!!!

It's the perfect switch for small business. The omada 4+4poe switch feels like a residential solution. Anything with more costs too much for my common applications. I feel there is a gap in the product line.

I want to use this switch within an omada setup (and I am fine with not being able to manage it via omada)

I want to enable guest wifi on the omada controller and have the AP's connected to the 1016PE.

What vlan id's would be needed to ensure guest traffic remains segmented when travelling through the 1016PE ?

So I guess more specifically, what are the vlan ids that omada uses?

management?

guest?

other?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada + TL-SG1016PE - Guest wifi vlan ids?
2021-05-20 08:18:36

@EIBROG 

If you want to set Guest WIFI, just enable Guest Network on Controller for your EAP, we don't need to use VLAN to separate the Guest Network.

Guest Network: When enabled, all the clients connecting to the SSID are blocked from reaching any private IP subnet.

BTW, the default management VLAN of the EAP, Switch, and Router is VLAN1. 

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Omada + TL-SG1016PE - Guest wifi vlan ids?
2021-05-31 17:32:22

@Virgo 

Thanks - I just tested it and it did some port scans and all looks good.

My "old way" of doing it I would have specific vlans for the guest network and have everything set on the switch and router etc.

So I was still a bit surprised that without the omada managing the middle-man switch that it all still worked as I wanted. :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1787

Replies: 2