Looking for hardware Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-19 22:19:27

Hi Guys!

I'm looking to change my current setup and would love some pointers... I was inclined to go the Unifi road because I've had experience with ubiquiti hardware.

But the other day I saw a review about omada and want to give it a try since tp-link has never failed me and I think that the price for the quality is unbeatable.

So the hardware I'm looking for is:

1. Router 
  2. gigabit PoE Switch x 1 with at least 8 ports
  3. gigabit Switch x 1 with at least 8 ports 
  4. Access Points x 4

For the router: ER605 (TL-R605) 

PoE Switch: TL-SG2210MP

Gigabit Switch: TL-SG2008

Access Points : 3 x EAP620HD and 1 x EAP225-Outdoor

3 of the 4 access points will be wired but the 4th one would be on the outside of the building and I need it to work as a "mesh" device. From what I've been reading it could be done with 3 x EAP620HD and 1 x EAP225-Outdoor

Do I need a controller? or would the router act as the omada controller? 

If you think there's better hardware that I could choose from , please let me know.

What I want is to have only one centralized interface and for all the equipment to be passively cooled. 

Also, is there a way to install a wireguard server inside the router?

Thank you so much for your help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Looking for hardware Omada
2021-05-20 00:44:42

@heimdall 

1. If you are considering use Mesh, you should get another EAP to work as root mesh AP, like EAP225, EAP245 or EAP265.

2. You have to set up Mesh on Controller, if you want to centrally manage your EAP, router and Switch, you could just use a software Controller.

OC200 equals to a PC that running software all the time. Use hardware Controller or software is up to you.

There are some features that need the Controller(software or OC200) running online:

Will the Configuration Still Work with EAPs When the Omada Controller Goes Offline?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Looking for hardware Omada
2021-06-10 02:14:04

@Virgo Thank you so much for your response :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 2

Related Articles