EAP 225 Outdoor LAN port down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-20 14:03:06
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel. 35383

I use the omada software controller version 3.2.10 with 10 EAP 225 outdoor AP's

2 of the AP's are connected via LAN, the rest is connected wireless via mesh.

Recently one of the 2 wired AP's suddenly lost his LAN connection. I could see him in the omada system en was able to add him wireless in the mesh system. After resetting the AP it still shows up only wireless and teh lan connection is down. After forgetting the AP i can only adopt it wireless, even when replacing the poe adapter with a new one it still only shows up wireless.

Is there a reason that the LAN port stays disabled? Is there a way to enable it again?

During some testing i accidentally installed a firmware version 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70543  (not compatible with omada controller 3.2.10) and then the AP appeared in the system and after adopt it showed up "connected", meaning with the LAN cable and not only wireless. so after a firmware upgrade the LAN port worked again. Anyone had the same problem with the LAN port of this model AP eap 225 outdoor? the distance between the poe adapter and the AP is only 5 meters and the distance from the Gigabit switch to the poe adapter is only max. 10-12 meters.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP 225 Outdoor LAN port down
2021-05-25 08:57:38

@RubenW 

Hi there, not pretty sure about the reason but since the status changes back to normal, congratulations after the firmware upgrade.

By the way, since you have upgraded one of the EAP, please check if the other EAPs are compatible with your OC200.

Options
Re:EAP 225 Outdoor LAN port down
2021-05-27 19:45:15
Well yes, now i have the problem that this acces point no longer can be managed by the omada software controller 3.xxx I am planning to upgrade to a 4.XX omada controller software controller and all the acce spoitns to firmware version 1.20. Not sure what to do first, upgrade all the AP's to firmware 1.20 with the old controller and then install the new controller software or the reverse.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1046

Replies: 2

Related Articles