I'm trying to find more information about the RTSP settings & specifically the format of the RTSP URL. I'm trying to use the VIGI C300P camera to do live steaming via Open Broadcast Software (OBS).
I've found an article regarding RTSP for the TAPO camera: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2680/ and I've found this article "https://www.tp-link.com/za/support/faq/2898/" about the configuration of the VIGI cameras in other NVR brands.
If you read the below taken from "https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2680/", it seams that the TAPO cameras only have 2 stream (if I try to post the plural form of stream, with the "s" at the end, I get the following error when I try to post the thread: "The following sensitive language has been used which goes against the rules of the SMB Community", so whenever you see the word "stream" in this post, it might actually mean more than 1 "stream"...
The Tapo camera supports the RTSP protocol, so it can work with third-party NVR or NAS devices that also support the RTSP protocol. If a user wants to view the live stream of the camera with a third-party app like VLC Player, he will just need to input the URL of the RTSP stream on the VLC Player app.
The URL of the RTSP live stream for the Tapo cameras will be:
For a 1080P (1920*1080) stream1: rtsp://username:password@IP Address:554/stream1
For a 360P (640*360) stream2: rtsp://username:password@IP Address:554/stream2
1. The username/password is the camera account that you created via the Tapo app.
2. The IP address is the camera’s IP address assigned by your host router. You can find it on your host router’s DHCP list or in the Tapo app (Go to Camera Settings and navigate to the camera details page).
3. If you want to view the live stream of the Tapo camera with a third-party app remotely, you will need to open port 554 for the camera on your host router first.
4. You could also use ONVIF standards to add the Tapo camera with its username/password and IP address.
5. For Tapo C310, the resolution of the tream1 is determined by the video quality set on the Tapo APP.
If you need to watch the 3MP HD Video via RTSP, please change the video quality to Best Quality on the Tapo APP and use: rtsp://username:password@IP Address:554/stream1
I assumed that the RTSP URL for the VIGI cameras would follow the same format and tried it and it worked, but I'm unsure about the part where you have to specify the stream since the VIGI cameras apparently "supports 4 main stream & 3 sub-stream, or 3 main stream & 5 sub-stream" according to the FAQ (https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2850/)
Any advice would be much appreciated.