WAN Disconnect around the same time every day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 17:53:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hi,

I'm new to this network setup but have the SG2428p switch with 3 eap225 and oc200 controller all set up and adopted fine, with the er605 providing DHCP and the isp's router in bridge mode (done by the isp from their end).

All works great for the most part, except every day around the same time (roughly between 2:15 and 3:15) am and pm, the WAN loses connection and nothing I can see or do in the configuration seems to make any difference.  I contacted the isp when it happened yesterday to check from their end and they said it was all working fine so must be my setup.

Am I missing something in the settings? And what would be the best way of troubleshooting this problem?

many thanks in advance 

Options
1 Reply
Re:WAN Disconnect around the same time every day
2021-05-24 09:01:35

@Kris_P The issue seems to be regular. I think it needs to determine the issue first.

When the issue happens, you can connect one PC to the same port on the modem, which connects to the ER605 before, then you can check the internet with this PC. The most reliable way is to do a Ping test, Ping 8.8.8.8 is very helpful. Their official website has the instruction on how to do the Ping test.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/425/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 1