Can EAP 225 act as a client Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-24 04:37:55 - last edited 2021-05-24 04:42:20
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi all Please help who has experience like above.

I just bought 1x eap 225 outdoor and connected to router and internet from this router. I want to buy one more eap 225 outdoor to connect using Mesh. My question. If i connected using mesh to the first eap 225 outdoor, Is it possible second eap 225 outdoor act as client? Because i want to connect second eap 225 outdoor into tp link router using wired (cable connection) and shared internet connection to this tp link router from second eap 225 outdoor. Is that possible. Please help.

My second question. i saw video that tp link eap 225 outdoor, one of it's antenna can be changed. Can i change my second antenna of eap 225 outdoor using this antenna TL-ANT2415D ?. If i can't do that, please suggest me best suite of antenna. So i can extend the range of my first eap 225 outdoor using Omni Directional Antenna. As a knowledge as i know 15dbi of Omni Directonal antenna could cover my area.

My third question. If i can change my antenna into a bigger and better range (or even i cant), can i connect CPE 520 into this eap 225 outdoor ? And can i connect more than one CPE 520 into this one eap 225 outdoor? My goal is i want to connect multiple CPE 520 into eap 225 outdoor or any other suggested device that can connect into this eap 225 outdoor.

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can EAP 225 act as a client Mode
2021-05-25 06:53:06

@waldi.top 

Hi there, for question one, yes it can work. If you use the second EAP connect to the first one wirelessly, then you can connect a cable from the second EAP to the hardwired router. But for the mesh issue, you need to use Controller Software and keep the computer with Software running all the time or you need to buy another hardware controller OC200.

This article can tell you the issue of mesh:  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2283/

For question two, here is some specification of the antennas of EAP225-outdoor's original antenna: 2 Dual-Band Omni Antennas (External Detachable) 2.4 GHz: 3 dBi; 5 GHz: 4 dBi.

So the model number for TL-ANT2415D can only support the 2.4G signal band. If you want to use the CPE520 as a Client, they will not work together.

The antenna is External Detachable, maybe you can take a look at another model of the antenna.

For question three, of course, we can use more than one CPE520 connect to one EAP225-outdoor. This is called "point to multi-point".

Have a good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1659

Replies: 1