How to change switch hierarchy in map

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-26 07:32:09 - last edited 2021-05-26 07:35:03
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hello there,

I have a TL-SG2008P and a TL-SG2218 connected with an ethernet cable.

Is there any way to set the "direction" of the connecting cable? At present, the TL-SG2218 thinks it's downstream to the TL-SG2008P, however I want the TL-SG2008P to be downstream to the TL-SG2218. Have tried a factory reset of the TL-SG2008P and also tried 1.0.1 and 1.0.0 versions of the SG2008P firmware.

Have another TL-SG2008P connected to the same TL-SG2218 with a 3 port LACP LAG and the uplink is in the "correct" direction.

thankyou

bdl

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to change switch hierarchy in map
2021-05-27 06:31:06

@bdl 

Hi there, are you using the Controller mode to manage these two switches, or use the Standalone mode? In the Standalone mode, we can change the system priority and the modes of port(active or passive) to determine which switch works downstream and which in the upstream.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/991/

Not pretty sure if you are talking about "downstream and upstream" refer to this thing, on this link we can see that:

1. A lower system priority value indicates a higher system priority. When exchanging information between systems, the system with higher priority determines which link aggregation a port belongs to, and the system with lower priority adds the proper ports to the link aggregation according to the selection of its partner. If the System Priority value is the same, the device with a smaller MAC address owns a higher priority.

2. There are two modes of ports: Active and Passive. In Active mode, the port can send LACP packets actively while in Passive mode, the port can only send LACP packets after it has received an LACP packet. It is suggested that set one side as Active mode and the other side as Passive mode.

Options
2021-05-27 06:33:58

@John1234 

Hi John, thanks for your reply - I'm using all switches in controller mode, is there anyway to set the active/passive modes using the controller? They were purchased for the controller functionality so I am not in a position to reconfigure them as standalone mode.

Options
2021-07-23 02:51:01

@bdl Did you get this figured out? I have the exact same setup with the exact same issue.

Options
2021-07-23 02:56:27

@bbbronco unfortunately not, I was hoping once the switch firmwares come out of beta that this issue may be resolved... although who know when that will be, as tp-link does not seem to release firmwares on a regular basis...

Options
2021-07-23 02:59:56
Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully a future firmware update fixes it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 5

Related Articles