Questions about VLAN isolation/Firewall with OMADA SETUP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-27 10:20:06
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have already posted about this in the Router (Standalone) section, but since I don't know If I will get some feedback I will make my questions more concise.

My setup is this:

Questions:

- how to make the rules in order to let IOT clients bee seen and controlled by the private vlan clients? basically IOT clients cannot access private vlan, but the connections established from private to be allowed. 

- can I connect to clients such as chromecasts? I have seen that they require mDNS Service in order to be located. Can I control my chromecast located on another VLAN?

- can I configure my router ports for VLAN, using the omada controller? If I configure the router first and connect the omada controller and adopt the router, will I lose all settings? 

The whole point in moving on a router that could handle VLANS is if I could accomplish what is required in the first two questions. 

I have the ER7206 comming in a week along with an oc200 (I have purchased the rest of the equipment) and if there is no reasonable info, or roadmap about those features I would want to know, because I would keep the oc200 and replace the router with something else. It would not be so lovely as to have just one system, but 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Questions about VLAN isolation/Firewall with OMADA SETUP
2021-05-28 07:28:07

@userNAC 

Hi there.

1. All the setup need to be done on the OC200, after configure the setting on OC200, the OC200 will send all the setting to the router, switch and EAP.

The requirement for the first question is to set up VLAN interface and DHCP. By default, different VLAN can talk to each other, so the IOT device can be controlled by private VLAN clients.

Here has the video on how to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv5d-wYs2Yk

2. For the Chromecast, I think you prefer to connect to the Wi-Fi, not the hardwired cable, if so no need to set up another VLAN profile. You only need to pay attention to when the Chromecast cannot get internet from WiFi.  https://www.tp-link.com/hk/support/faq/904/

3. Just set up on the OC200 no need to do any configuration on the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3751

Replies: 1

Related Articles