Latest firmware for ER7206 1.1.0 seems to have re-introduced the "DHCP Server down" bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Latest firmware for ER7206 1.1.0 seems to have re-introduced the "DHCP Server down" bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-27 22:41:27
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I just upgraded from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 (firmware released today) and after restarting some systems I had approx 12 devices that could no longer get a DHCP lease.

Tried rebooting the ER7206 multiple times, restarted OC200 to force re-config on every device still DHCP was not working. 

I downgraded to 1.0.1: ER7206(UN)_v1_1.0.1 Build 20210113 and all devices immediately got assigned IP addresses.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Latest firmware for ER7206 1.1.0 seems to have re-introduced the "DHCP Server down" bug
2021-05-28 02:59:47

@Alex 

Hi there, I also have the firmware 1.1.0 of ER7206 for one month and there has no DHCP issue with this firmware. My firmware is from the TP-Link engineer directly.

Not pretty sure if you are available to do the troubleshooting, when all the Clients can not get DHCP from this router, what IP address the PC can get? Is it 169.254.x.x or something else? Then please set up a static IP address for the PC as in the same subnet of the router, and then try to Ping router's LAN IP, Ping OC200's IP if you have it, Ping 8.8.8.8.

At the same time, after you upgrade the firmware of the ER7206, if you can log in back to Controller, you can check the status of the router and other devices that are connected or disconnected.

By the way, this issue is similar to the initial firmware of ER7206.

Options
Re:Latest firmware for ER7206 1.1.0 seems to have re-introduced the "DHCP Server down" bug
2021-05-28 03:23:57

@John1234 

Thanks for the reply. The devices that didn't get DHCP leases were all unplugged and plugged back in so I didn't have any computers to check if they just defaulted to a 169.254.x.x APIPA address (although, that is kind of the point of the 169.254.x range, the default when there's no response from a DHCP server.)

An example of a device that couldn't get a lease was my UniFi Cloudkey Gen 2+. That device just showed "Obtaining DHCP Address" on the lcd. Power cycled it multiple times, changed switch ports, power cycled the ER7206 and OC200 with no change. Reverted the firmware and immediately the Cloudkey got an IP.

I'm not positive because I didn't check all devices, but it seems like the devices that did not get an IP lease were all set to "Use Fixed IP Address".

It also seems to have ignored almost every device that I had used a reservation on (that did get an IP). For example, I have 2 Hubitat hubs with "Fixed/reserved" Ip's in Omada. Both had been assigned random DHCP address and did not have their "Fixed" address assigned.

While I realize not everyone was affected by the "DHCP server down" bug the last firmware fixed, this is exactly the same problem I had with the original R605 firmware that was fixed in the previous version.

Options
2021-05-29 10:27:10

Hey,

On my system, afrer upgrade to 1.1, it was working OK for a moment - I mean, it was visible from the controller menu, then i get disconnected from the controller (showing DISCONNECT) and clients were unable to obtain IP address. Adopting option failed. GUI in it directly was not available (no login screen with information, that it is managed by Omada). Routing was working, from a device with static IP I was able to access the internet. I tried Adopt, forget from Omada controller, nothing. After reset I was able to configure it via its GUI, but was not able to adopt again. I had to downgrade it to 1.0.1 to adopt correctly.... Maybe this week, I will try upgrade it once again.

Anyway, it looks like a problem,

regards,

M.

Options
2021-10-09 02:53:12

@Alex , not sure if it's related, but I had this issue:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/502364

Basically the same fix, had to go back to 1.0.1. A big chunk of DHCP server settings were missing from the web interface on 1.1.1. I'm sure it's a bug but it seems like a big miss.

Options
2021-11-05 11:22:42

@Alex I had the same issue using 1.1.1 Firmware on a TL-R605 v1.0 with Firmware Version:1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608. There is a simple solution to solve it, just go to Omada online/local and execute a restore from previous backup. This takes 1-2 Minutes and the DHCP is up an running again.

I'm very disappointed about the poor quality of the Omada software.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1718

Replies: 5