clients connected to the EAP235-wall ports do not show in the client list on the Omada controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

clients connected to the EAP235-wall ports do not show in the client list on the Omada controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-31 10:03:45
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.0.0

Hi,

The clients connected to the Ethernet ports do not show in the client list on the Omada controller. This is a problem as I have a Philips Hue bridge connected to one of the ports and I need to reserve an IP address on the DHCP pool. This can only be achieved on the config page of the client and as the client doesn't show up this cannot be done...

Setting a fixed IP on the Hue Bridge also doesn't work because of the gateway TL-R605. The Hue app (and other apps that access the Hue bridge) cannot connect to the Hue bridge locally.... I don't know why, but it doesn't work, the apps only connect to the Hue bridge when the bridge is in DHCP. Before I added the gateway TL-R605 I was using my internet provider router and it worked well...

TP-Link please add the clients that are connected to the EAP235-wall Ethernet ports to the client list....

Thanks.

Gilles

Options
2 Reply
Re:clients connected to the EAP235-wall ports do not show in the client list on the Omada controller
2021-06-01 07:59:31

@gillekes 

Hi, what is your scenario?

if you use an Omada SDN switches with latest fw you are able to see the client under wired client and the port of the EAP225/235-wall.

I just tried with EAP225-wall and TL-SG2210MP and I'm able to see my laptop.

Best Regards

Options
Re:clients connected to the EAP235-wall ports do not show in the client list on the Omada controller
2021-06-06 07:39:48

@Emitplink 

You are right, under clients - wired the Hue bridge is listed. 

Thank you for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1123

Replies: 2

Related Articles